Just in case you missed some of the pertinent facts regarding application development for mobile platforms, here are a few that may catch your attention.
- 72% of adult cellphone users text messages
- 65% of adult cellphone users sleep with their phones
- 50% of US cellphones will be smart phones by Christmas 2011
- 1 out of 3 Yelp searches is from mobile
- Apple Will Sell $2B in Apps in 2011
- Approximately 40% of social media users access their accounts through mobile devices.
- One billion mobile applications were downloaded in the week between Christmas Day and New Years Day - Flurry Analytics
- The total global mobile applications market is expected to be worth $25 billion by 2015 (up from about $6.8 billion in 2010) - MarketsandMarkets
It isn't a question of whether or not to develop apps to get in the game, it is a question of selecting the right team to define and build the right application for your needs. There are some critical issues that need to be addressed and that most software companies lacking marketing focus cannot deliver.
- In December 2011, 50% of the mobile phones in the United States were smart phones.
- If you aren't mobile, you aren't in the market. Our tech team can develop standardized and custom mobile applications and websites designed to funnel leads and traffic, the lifeblood of your business.
- Two platforms cover the majority of the market. Develop for these and you will be in front of a lot of users very quickly.
- Mobile is what ties everything together. It is the glue to distribute your website, your social media, your data and your sales across multiple touchpoints.
First, a mobile app has to be consumer centric as opposed to pure software or gaming applications. It has to not only fit into your marketing model, it has to serve a very specific consumer purpose. There are a lot of software companies that can build an app but how many of them can help you build a business?
Fast to market is the second key to a successful application. The mobile market is moving at a zillion miles per hour and it isn't going to wait for you. We can typically help you define a product, produce a prototype and get v1 (version 1.0) out the door in 30 days or less. There is no messing around or back and forth. We will help you define the scope, we will not deviate from the original scope and we will deliver on time.
Finally, it has to be affordable. A standard v1, non-gaming app can easily be produced across all primary platforms. There are always exceptions to the rule so just ask us if there is anything special you would like to achieve right out of the gate. Remember, applications are living, growing things. You have to start with basic functionality and grow the app based on consumer feedback and demand. We will help you define all of this as part of our service.
MOBILE APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT
Droid, IOS (iPhone and iPad) are the two primary platforms for the future. Blackberry is third runner up and is still used by many business consumers. Several other platforms are available for development but these are the elephants in the room.
We will work side by side with you to identify a viable application for your business, define features and functionality for v1 then develop and test your app. You will approve the phase 1 release and we will get it out to market. It really is that simple. Our team is experienced and will guide you through the process.
Most clients choose to occupy both major platforms - Android and IOS. You will receive all services in the single platform development and we will launch to Marketplace and iTunes once the application is complete. We will work closely with you to identify the app, we will develop and test the app, then we will launch the first phase.
Most projects fall within the first two categories but sometimes you have needs that don't fall into the normal category. It doesn't matter because we can help. Simply send us your requirements and we will get back with you right away to determine how we can best serve your needs.